Saturday, May 1, 2010

[Movie Preview] Raajneeti. 2010 (June). Hindi.

Raajneeti. noun. (Sanskrit/Hindi). Meaning: Politics.

I am eagerly waiting for it's release. For one, it has the stars that I admire: Manoj Bajpayi, Ajay Devgan, and Naseeruddin Shah.

The promos look promising. My only fear is that the screenplay will get lost following such a huge star-cast. But then again, it's Prakash Jha, so I still have my hopes up.

All the hype of relating it to real characters, and presenting known issues apart, I am most interested in what Jha brings as possible solutions to World's largest sovereign democracy.

The last movie I saw with Manoj Bajpayi in it was the movie '1971'. He played Major Suraj Singh. No matter how close the character was to the real hero, his rendition pricked a few in my conscience. I will probably never forget that movie as long as I am alive. And who can forget his portrayal of Bheekhu Mhatre in Satya?

Ajay Devgan is another such actor, who has gained immense versatility over the year since his debut in 'Phool aur Kaante'. His renditions in Zakhm, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, and Omkara will always feature in his top performances.

And need I say anything for Naseeruddin Shah? He is, because he acts. That should suffice:-)

Let it roll... cannot wait to write a review. In case you want to know, here is a link to the movie's official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment